Over the Counter (OTC) Medicines
Over-The-Counter (OTC) medicines (also known as “non-prescription drugs”) are products which are available to patients without the need for a prescription.
Generally they are medicines where:
- their benefits outweigh their risks
- the potential for misuse and abuse is low
- the patient can use them for self-diagnosed ailments
- they can be adequately labelled, and
- doctors are not needed for the safe and effective use of the medicine.
The regulations surrounding OTC medicines are changing and, as a result, the regulatory process should be simplified for the benefit of all.
Please contact us with your specific regulatory compliance requirements. We look forward to working with you.